Barefoot Zen?

Barefoot Zen?
Namaste, Y'all...

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Learn to be Still...

I am spiritually akin to a 1960's Chevrolet.  I was built tough enough to endure, but I tend to stall out a lot.  You'll find me getting roadside assistance from time to time, but it's because I'm in for the long haul and refuse to remain in park for long.

It's also why it's a running joke amongst friends regarding where my dial has landed on the "Faith-o-Meter" any given year.  But I've really not wavered as much as it seems - the Chevy is still the same, I'm just taking it down different roads to see how it handles.  So, this Buddhist/Unitarian/Glass-Half-Full Agnostic who currently belongs to a Methodist Church is back on the road to Nirvana via meditation, both at the Shambhala Center and at home.

As I pounded the dust off my Zafu (that's a meditation cushion, you perverts) and lit up some incense, I also decided to do some reading on what might help me have a more consistent practice.  Low and behold, just yesterday, there was an article about this very thing at the Huffington Post site.  So, I thought I'd share, in case any of you are also starting (or restarting) a meditation practice.

Here ya go.  Enjoy the ride.

Susan Piver: 6 Tips for Choosing a Meditation Practice


No comments:

Post a Comment