Barefoot Zen?

Barefoot Zen?
Namaste, Y'all...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What, Me Worry Oh, Yes | Parade.com

I got my Worry Gene honestly.  My parents were children of the Great Depression and I think they just had a built-in "very little is going to go well today" mechanism that helped them cope with some stark realities of being poor.  Expect the worst, and if the worst doesn't happen, be grateful.  I think that's more widespread in that generation than I originally led myself to believe.  My job, as I see it, is to leave that thinking in the dust so the trait dies out before it worms its way into my kids' psyche.

According to this article and the accompanying "Are You a World Class Worrier" quiz, I am merely a "Worrier with a Plan", so at least there's some pragmatism behind my neurosis.

However, given the scenarios and the range of possible answers, I realize I may not be nearly as Woody Allen-ish as I thought.  Or maybe these just aren't the right questions for me.  Anyway, click on the article below and it'll take you to a short quiz that will help suss out how much of a worrier you are.

Or don't.

But if you don't, you might be worried the rest of the day about what you missed out on.

What, Me Worry Oh, Yes | Parade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment