Barefoot Zen?

Barefoot Zen?
Namaste, Y'all...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Be a Man!



As Father's Day approaches, I'm reminded the definition of manhood has changed over the decades, wandering further away from the distant, silent machismo to a more self-actualized, self-aware humanity.  Beer, hot wings, and re-channeled self-loathing never said 'man' to me, nor did disengagement from family and the world around you, but the more I see and read, the more I think that's still how many men feel they must behave.

So, I really appreciated this article from Elephant Journal for hitting on the traits of manhood that I value and aspire to.  Check it out and see if you agree as to whether these qualities help define a "real man".

Here's the link:


12 things every guy should master to become a real man. | elephant journal

No comments:

Post a Comment