Barefoot Zen?

Barefoot Zen?
Namaste, Y'all...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Winter of Our Disconnect

While I have little interest in hearing how the Tiger Mother tortured her children into their current state of superiority, this book does intrigue me. What happens when a Mom had her kids 'unplug' for six months? No TV, I-pod, Internet, Facebook, etc?

I, for one, would likely be found in a fetal position in the shower after about three weeks, begging to just post one status update or hear one track from "Born to Run". But, I think this family's approach appears to be admirable, healthy, and quite positive.

I often pine to live more simply, though I know the withdrawals would be harsh. Maybe this book will provide some insights. Here's a link to the AJC article

What happens when mom unplugs teens for 6 months? | accessAtlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment