Barefoot Zen?

Barefoot Zen?
Namaste, Y'all...

Monday, October 22, 2007

Barefoot Boot Camp, Part 3





So, the yoga practice continues. I'm totally addicted to the "Hot Yoga", where the humidifiers are cranked up to 95-105 degrees for the duration. While I don't have any nicotine or alcohol to detox from my body, I can almost feel the coffee sweating out of me in Venti-sized drops.

That second picture up above is something I haven't dared to try yet: Pilates. Looks too much like medieval torture. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that woman's foot chained up over her head? I'm envisioning some Pilates teacher with leeches descending on her.

No, I kid the Pilates people. I'm just having a hard enough time getting the hang of Yoga. Pilates is supposedly even harder.

I will say if you've ever thought of trying yoga, Decatur Yoga and Pilates (www.decaturhotyoga.com) is a great place. Very inviting, non-judgmental, practical and supportive.

I looked online for a place to practice and there was one place outside Decatur that offered early AM "Men's Nude Yoga". Ew. I can't say it enough. Ew.

Again, I say: Ew.

At Decatur Hot Yoga, the most you'll bare is your feet, and they are all really nice folks.

Suffice to say, I'm gonna try to keep doing this through the winter, when daily runs become a tad too frigid. Expect periodic updates,and hopefully news of marked improvements.

Maybe I'll even get brave enough to visit the Pilates Dungeon.

2 comments:

  1. brave the pilates dungeon. it's well worth it. i miss my pilates days. but twice-weekly yoga is a welcome relief. i don't know about that men's nude yoga. i like men. but, "ew!" is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll brave the Pilates dungeon with you!

    ReplyDelete